Trusted Mechanics Perform Maintenance and Repairs on Jaguar/Rover
Certified specialists offer high quality service at a reasonable price
No automobile maker strives so deliberately to combine beauty with performance as does Jaguar. The company unabashedly describes each car in its line as a work of art and promotes its legendary E-Type as “the most beautiful car in the world.” Still, the beauty of a Jaguar is often only skin deep. The brand has been plagued by the perception that its high-performance sports coupes, sedans, and SUVs never run quite right and present persistent challenges to maintain. But, when you own a work of art, you don’t want it sitting in the shop waiting for parts or a clear diagnosis of an engine problem, while you commute in a rented KIA. You want maintenance and repairs to be quick, efficient and cost-effective, so your Jag spends more time out on the road.
At Oldwick Village Garage, our mechanics are certified specialists in Jaguar and its sister company, Land Rover. We have extensive experience with various models; we draw on our own hands-on knowledge as well as factory-specific computer software to diagnose problems and address them. Because we specialize in European luxury cars, we have no trouble getting OEM parts whenever necessary. All this means we can assess a problem, fix it, and get you on your way in a reasonable time for a reasonable price.
Common problems affecting Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles
The historically British brand is now owned by Indian auto giant Tata, and the new management has faced the line’s troubling reputation head on with price cuts and long-term warranties. Here are a few of the problems that have given the company its reputation for producing unreliable cars that are expensive to maintain:
- Land Rover brakes – Brake hose ruptures caused a recall of 100,000 Land Rovers from model years 2006 to 2012 in 2015. Unfortunately, repairs made in 2013 and 2014 resulted in faulty routing of the replacement hoses, causing additional problems, including loss of braking power. The company had also issued a recall in 2012 over concerns with power-assisted steering gear mountings and defective brake calipers in certain Freelander and Evoque models. Brake pad squeals are also common in Range Rover models.
- Timing Chain Failures – Timing chain components can fail on many V8 models. This can cause awful grinding noises and make the engine not run.
- Air Suspension – Air springs can deteriorate and leak air leaving your car sagging on the ground overnight. Air suspension compressors will wear out over time as well.
- Side parking lights – From 2012 to 2015, Jaguar had an issue with its XKs’ lights turning on due to a software glitch.
- Range Rover keyless ignitions – A software glitch affecting the entire Range Rover fleet from 2013 to 2016 caused these vehicles to unlock themselves and even open doors while the vehicle was in motion.
- Power steering problems – Loose steering, leaking fluid, and strange noises are symptoms of problems with the rack and pinion steering gear. Replacing this equipment is a costly repair.
- Coolant leaks – Coolant leaks are common on V8 engines. Water pumps, radiators, and coolant pipes all will leak and require replacement.
Other problems we’ve encountered include transmission failure, oil pan gasket leaks, ignition coil failures, and AC weakness. We fully understand your frustration and disappointment when your beautiful vehicle underperforms. You can rely on us for scheduled maintenance and to diagnose nagging mechanical, electrical and computer software issues the first time. Our certified mechanics perform with the utmost professionalism to get your car back on the road and keep it performing to its maximum potential.
Contact our certified European car specialists to service your Jaguar or Land Rover
At Oldwick Village Garage, our mechanics are certified specialists in European luxury automobiles. We fully understand the issues associated with Jaguars and Land Rovers, and are determined to help you maintain your car at optimum performance. Call us today at (908) 439-2236 to schedule an appointment.