Alignment Services for Exotic Luxury Automobiles in New Jersey
European car specialists improve handling, safety and performance
New Jersey roads are not kind to all types of automobiles. Potholes and uneven surfaces make for a very rough ride. So, even if you don’t come into contact with a curb, another vehicle or a wayward deer, your wheel alignment can suffer. At Oldwick Village Garage, our highly professional mechanics use advance computer diagnostics to uncover and correct the problem, and get you back on the road in no time. We are specially trained to service exotic, European luxury vehicles, so you can trust us with your Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Bentley, Rolls Royce, VW/Audi, and Rover/Jaguar.
Consequences of driving with misaligned wheels
Misalignment basically means your wheels are not set at the proper angle relative to each other and desired steering direction. So, instead of working together, they’re working against each other. Misalignment creates numerous problems for performance and safety, including:
- Steering issues
- Braking issues
- Poor gas mileage
- Uneven tire wear and unnecessary tire damage
- Stress on the suspension and steering components
This all adds up to two major problems:
- Unnecessary and expensive parts damage – If you treat misalignment as a minor problem you can live with, you’re not seeing the big picture. At best, misalignment causes unnecessary wear and tear. At worst, it causes a system failure that is dangerous and very expensive to fix.
- Compromised safety – If you are driving a misaligned vehicle, you may not even be aware that you are overcompensating for the vehicles pull to one side or the other. This creates tension in you, the driver, that makes it harder for you to react in an emergency. But it also compromises the vehicles ability to respond when evasive steering or sharp braking are required.
Misalignment is an insidious problem that most drivers cannot detect until it’s gone far beyond what is reasonably safe.
Don’t wait until you notice something is amiss
If you feel your vehicle pulling or drifting to one side, or you detect some odd vibration, you should immediately get the car into a garage. But wheel misalignment doesn’t have to be noticeable to be risky. That’s why we suggest getting your alignment check at every maintenance interval. Our trained technicians will be able to detect misalignment during a road test and while inspecting tire wear with your vehicle on the lift. Since most of the vehicles we service don’t come into the shop but every 10,000 miles, if your alignment is drastically off you could burn through a set of expensive tires in between services.
At Oldwick Village Garage, we use advanced computer diagnostics to correct misalignment even when it’s a fraction of a degree. And because each vehicle rolls out of the factory with a different set of alignment specifications, we use factory-specific information that match your vehicle. You can rely on our specially trained mechanics to:
- Check tire wear and air pressure
- Inspect your suspension and steering system for wear
- Accurately measure your current alignment
- Adjust camber, caster, and toe angles according to manufacturer recommended specifications
- Test drive the vehicle before and after all repairs including alignment
With properly done alignments, you can enjoy greater comfort when driving, enhanced safety, and better gas mileage. You can also be confident you are guarding against depreciation and preserving the value of your vehicle.
Protect your luxury car from the dangers of misalignment
Don’t sacrifice the safety, comfort, or value of your luxury automobile by driving while it’s misaligned. At Oldwick Village Garage, our mechanics are certified specialists in the maintenance of exotic European automobiles, including BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, VW/Audi, Jaguar/Rover and Exotics. Call us today at (908) 439-2236 to schedule an appointment.