Tewksbury’s Go-to European Auto Brake Experts
The most important safety feature of any automobile is its’ brakes. But high-performance vehicles with quicker acceleration require even greater response from their brakes than an average commuter car. To make sure your luxury European car retains its’ ability to stop “on a dime”, the mechanics at Oldwick Village Garage are here to help with all maintenance and repairs. We help drivers all throughout Tewksbury and surrounding areas continue to get the best from their cars with every visit.
Premium Brake Services for the Best Brands
At Oldwick Village Garage we specialize in the area’s most popular European & Exotic brands:
There’s no reason to compromise your car’s performance or your safety so our certified, experienced mechanics help you schedule cost-effective repairs easily no matter what car you drive.
Signs Your Brakes Need Service
Along with your manufacturer’s recommended maintenance, you’ve also got to be alert to signs that something is wrong with your brakes. Some obvious signs of brake isses include:
- Brakes feel like mush
- Car is pulling to one side when braking
- Squeaks and annoying squeals when braking
- Steering wheel vibrates when braking
- Unusual odor
- Smoke coming from the inside of your wheel
Problems with your brakes can put you and any passengers at risk and can also cause problems throughout other areas of your car, including the suspension. Delaying brake services is never a good idea as you risk accidents and other damages to your car.
Tips to Extend the Lifespan of Your Brakes
Certain driving habits can put unnecessary wear and tear on your brakes. To avoid this, our certified technicians recommend you:
- Don’t drive like a jack rabbit – aka avoid sudden accelerations in congested areas. This can cause you to suddenly apply your brakes and too much braking can cause the system to overheat.
- Care for your tires – brakes stop your wheels, but tires stop your car. Make sure you keep your tires properly inflated and rotate them regularly. Check the tread as well to make sure you’re not riding on bald tires.
- Keep your wheels clean – dirt and grime can hurt the efficiency of your braking system. Mud on the wheels will also make the wheels unbalanced and can cause a shimmy at higher speeds.
Caring for your brakes on a regular basis will ensure your brakes are healthy and responsive when you most need them.
Call Today to Schedule Your Next Brake Service
Located in Tewksbury in the Oldwick Village area, Oldwick Village Garage also helps drivers from surrounding areas including:
If your brakes are underperforming or to schedule preventative maintenance, please call or visit our shop today. Our friendly staff is always here to help with any questions you have.