Privately-operated N.J. Inspection Station in Oldwick Village
Make an appointment or drive right in to our conveniently located station
Getting your car inspected can be a terrible hassle, especially if you work during the limited hours your local inspection station is open. You try to make time for the inspection, but something more urgent always seems to come up, and the calendar grinds onward. Just when you find a window of opportunity, you drive to the station and find cars lined up the length of a football field. Should you sit there, burning time and fuel? Or do you try another day, or another station? Can you still get it down before your sticker expires?
Fortunately, Oldwick Village Garage takes the hassle out of getting your car inspected. We are a licensed private inspection facility with our own inspection machine. You can schedule an appointment, so there’s no guesswork. We get you in and out as quickly as possible, so you can get on with your day. And, if there’s a problem, we are also licensed to perform emissions repairs. Our sophisticated computer diagnostics assist us in diagnosing emission problems, so we can pinpoint the issue and correct the problem in a timely, cost-effective manner.
We do all required inspections including commercial and passenger vehicles with gasoline, diesel, or hybrid power.
Fully licensed professionals oversee your NJ emissions inspection
Oldwick Village Garage meets all the requirements for operating a Private Inspection Facility (PIF) in New Jersey. Under the law, a garage owner must be at least 18 years of age, employ at least one licensed inspector, and pass a criminal background check and child support background check. That last requirement applies to all owners, partners or principal executive officers of a corporation or association of the business.
The facility must also file proof of liability insurance with the following coverage minimums:
- $50,000 property damage in one occurrence
- $100,000 injury or death for one person in one occurrence
- $300,000 injury or death for two or more persons in one occurrence
Our licensed inspectors have also passed all qualifications, which include completing an eight-to-16 hour training course. Topics that the inspector training and testing cover include:
- Air pollution causes and effects
- Purpose, function, and goals of the inspection program
- Emissions inspections regulations and procedures
- Technical details and design rationale for emission test procedures
- Emissions control device function, configuration and inspection
- Emissions test equipment operation, calibration, and maintenance
- Quality control procedures and purposes
- Customer service
- Personal safety and health issues related to the inspection process
After training, the technician must pass a written examination with a score of at least 80 percent, and then pass a hands-on emission test demonstration. Inspectors are required to renew their licenses every two years.
Fully equipped garage meets all state standards
A licensed private inspection facility must have all of the following equipment on hand:
- Emission equipment, approved by the N.J. Department of Environmental Protection
- Vehicle lift or heavy-duty floor jack
- Miscellaneous tools necessary to complete all inspections and repairs
- Tire tread depth gauge calibrated in 32nds of an inch
- Scraper for removing old inspection sticker or rejection sticker from windshields
- Rubber stamp for certification of approval on vehicle registration certificates
- Electronic medium available for retrieval of the vehicle inspection information form and transmission to MVC’s database
The garage must also sign a maintenance agreement promising to keep all equipment in good working order.
Let our licensed inspection professionals perform your car’s emissions testing
When you come to Oldwick Village Garage for your vehicle inspection, you can expect highly professional and courteous service from our licensed inspectors. Our goal is to perform your inspection precisely according to state regulations and procedures, and get you on your way as quickly as possible. Call us today at (908) 439-2236 to schedule an appointment.