Steering and Suspension Repair for Luxury Autos in New Jersey
Expert mechanics address issues that undercut your car’s performance
The disrepair of so many New Jersey roads can wreak havoc on your car’s suspension, which in turn undermines your steering. The problem can be even worse for high-performance luxury cars, because now you’ve got a powerful engine that is not fully under control. Before your compromised suspension causes an accident, bring your car into Oldwick Village Garage. Our mechanics are specially trained to provide expert service on exotic European cars, such as Bmw, Mercedes, Porsche, VW/Audi, Jaguar/Rover and Exotics. We can repair your suspension quickly and cost-effectively, so you can drive with confidence, even on the most rugged roads in the Garden State.
Signs your suspensions need repair
When your shock absorbers take a pounding, you can experience some disconcerting reactions to bumps in the road or sudden braking, such as:
- Bouncing – When you hit a bump, you expect a gentle rise and fall, like a rolling wave. If your car behaves like a dribbled basketball, that’s a sure sign of trouble.
- Nose-diving – If, when you make a sudden stop, your hood ornament dips below the horizon line, your shock absorbers may be worn.
- Wandering – You may feel like your steering wheel has more “play” than usual and that you have to continually correct to keep your car in the lane.
- Shaking – shaking especially at higher speeds can be signs of possible suspension wear such as struts or ball joints severely worn out
These problems are best dealt with before they become obvious. If you detect suspension issues, bring your car into the shop immediately for an inspection.
Risks of driving with a worn suspension
The problems mentioned above create two risks which, separately or together, increase your likelihood of an accident:
- Tension in the driver – Suspension problems can get on your nerves, distracting you from the task of driving.
- Loss of control – When your steering and suspension don’t respond properly, it’s much harder to avoid a hazard in the road.
But a worn suspension that can no longer absorb the shocks of the road is going to deliver those shocks to various components of the system, which might just crack under pressure, leaving you with:
- Broken shock absorber or strut
- Broken sway bar
- Damaged power steering, including fluid leaks in hydraulic systems
- Damaged and/or flat tires
- Broken wheels
Timely maintenance of your suspension and steering systems can save you a considerable amount of money and frustration. Generally speaking, you should ask your mechanic to inspect your shock absorbers and struts during every maintenance service, and you should plan to replace your shocks any times there are signs of wear. These are all things our mechanics check for when your vehicle is in for routine service.
Protect your luxury car from the risks of a worn suspension system
Driving an automobile with a worn suspension system risks accidents and additional damage to the car. To protect yourself and your investment in your luxury car, trust its care to Oldwick Village Garage. Our mechanics are certified specialists in the maintenance of exotic European automobiles, including Bmw, Mercedes, Porsche, VW/Audi, Jaguar/Rover and Exotics. Call us today at (908) 439-2236 to schedule an appointment.