The Best Repair Shop in Oldwick to Fix a Front Wheel Bearing Failure in Your Jaguar
Jaguars are some of the most admired cars on the market. With a smooth ride and an even sleeker style, the Jaguar is a reliable vehicle that comes with many technological advancements and mechanical ingenuity. However, there are times where your Jaguars will have problems with the front wheel bearings. If you notice a strange humming noise coming from your vehicle or an unsteady steering wheel, there may be a problem with your front wheel bearings.
Your Jaguar’s Front Wheel Bearings
The function of the wheel bearings is to reduce friction between the wheels of your vehicle as they spin. The housing for this contains a grouping of small steel balls inside of a metal ring. These balls rotate between metal rings, which are located in the middle of your Jaguar’s wheels.
The front wheel bearings are placed tightly in a hub on the axle shaft. They make motion for the wheel easier by requiring less friction to function than sliding over the axle would. The process is similar to hip joints in the human body, which are called ball joints.
For your Jaguar, grease is utilized in this process to make rotation smooth and seamless. As with any car part, front wheel bearings can experience wear with age and need replacement.
Symptoms of Front Wheel Bearing Failure
There are a couple of specific warning signs that your front wheel bearings may need to be inspected. You can watch for these while driving your Jaguar, particularly if you notice a humming sound or loose steering wheel with the below symptoms.
- Unusual noises while driving: If you hear an unusual grinding noise while driving your Jaguar, there may be a problem with your front wheel bearings. The tone often changes at different speeds or while turning a corner. (It’s possible to be able to tell which side of your car that the problem is located depending on how the sound changes while turning. It can be constant or resemble clicking or grinding.)
- Additional steering wheel problems: Coupled with the loose feel to your steering wheel, there can also be a noticeable vibrating feel to your wheel. This will usually worsen as speed increases and result in having to drive at slower speeds on the highways to prevent a loss of control of your Jaguar.
Causes of Front Wheel Bearing Failure
There are a few potential causes of wheel bearing damage or failure. While wear and tear is a common one, other problems can be the root of this issue in your Jaguar.
- Incorrect alignment: It’s possible that either while your car was being made or during a recent realignment, your wheel bearings may have been installed poorly. This is an issue for a licensed mechanic to solve, as they should know the proper way to install wheel bearings.
- Accidents: Collisions or impacts to the sides of your vehicles can also be a cause of issues with the wheel bearings. Accidents can knock your bearings out of alignment and potentially result in their failure.
- Bearing seal damage: This is the most frequently cited reason for front wheel bearing failure. If the bearing seal is damaged, grease can leak out while water and grit can get in. This causes that grinding sound with wheel rotations. Debris can degrade the metal balls in the bearings.
Oldwick Village Garage
Oldwick Village Garage, located in Tewksbury, New Jersey, is your reliable source for your Jaguar’s repair needs. Off of turnpike road, we are a premier European and exotic automotive repair shop who is ready to help diagnose and fix your Jaguar’s wheel bearing problem.
Avoid the hassle of traveling to the Jaguar dealership and experience the Oldwick alternative. Our ASE licensed mechanics are trained and prepared to repair your Jaguar with the utmost care and precision.
A damaged or failing front wheel bearing is a serious issue that impacts all aspects of your Jaguar’s drive and feel. At Oldwick Village Garage, you can trust our comprehensive services and friendly mechanics to find and repair the problem within your front wheel bearings and restore your Jaguar’s drive to the smoothness you are used to.
Head over to Oldwick Village Garage in Tewksbury, NJ and find the best quality service and repairs in the state for your prized Jaguar.
* Jaguar F-Pace Car image credit goes to: supergenijalac.