What Happens If You Don’t Follow Your Audi’s Factory Maintenance Schedule?
Audi, manufactured in 1909 by August Horch, is a subsidiary of Volkswagen. Audis were designed with luxurious features, outstanding comfort qualities, and unmatched engine performance for an unbeatable driving experience for those who take the plunge and purchase this automobile.
Audi’s, just like all makes, are designed with a specific maintenance schedule put into place to allow the vehicle to run optimally for years to come. Failure to comply with Audi’s factory maintenance schedule can open up your vehicle to a number of problems.
The Importance of Following the Factory Maintenance Schedule
As you age, you begin to think more about consuming a nutritional diet, starting a healthy exercise regimen, as well as other factors to enhance your overall health and well-being. Similar to the work you put into maintaining the health of your body, vehicle manufacturers have implemented a schedule to maintain the health of your vehicle to keep you on the road longer.
Audi designers have spent countless hours, even years perfecting a maintenance schedule designed to enhance the quality of your driving experience. This also maintains the unmatched quality and performance of these luxury automobiles as well as to detect any problems as early as possible.
When should I have my vehicle service done?
Regular vehicle maintenance should include the service of engine oil, various filters, fluids, and tires.
- Oil change services: Audi representatives recommend having the engine oil of your vehicle changed every 5,000 to 7,500 miles depending on the specific model and engine your vehicle is equipped with as well as the type of engine oil used. High-performance, synthetic engine oil is designed to keep all moving parts of the engine lubricated and working appropriately.
- Air and cabin filter service: Air needs to pass through certain systems to keep them working appropriately. Maintaining clean air with a cabin filter is crucial. Your driving habits, the climate, and the geography of the area you drive the majority of the time determine the timeframe of when these filters need to be replaced. These filters are designed to be replaced approximately 20,000 miles, given you do not drive the vehicle hard and there is no debris clogging the filter.
- Fuel filters: A fuel filter is designed to remove debris from within the tank, as these particles can result in damage to the fuel injectors, pumps, and other various components. The timeframe to replace a fuel filter depends upon the specific engine in your Audi and whether your vehicle is gas or diesel.
- Brake fluid: Brake fluid is a hydraulic fluid that flows throughout the brake lines, allowing the vehicle to slow down or come to a stop when you apply pressure to the brake pedal. As you drive, this fluid breaks down due to the excess heat and pressure it is exposed to leaving your brakes subject to total failure, which is a huge safety hazard. Audi experts recommend replacing your brake fluid every 30,000 miles or every 3 years, whichever comes first.
- Tires: The tires on your Audi experience the most wear, as they are subject to roadway debris and hitting curbs the more you drive. Service professionals recommend having your tires rotated every oil change, or every other oil change at minimum, to maintain your tires and extend their life.
Call on Our Audi Experts for Help!
Oldwick Village Garage, located in Tewksbury, NJ, is staffed with highly trained mechanics that specialize in the service work of European and exotic vehicles including Audi, Bentley, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes, Mini Cooper, Porsche, Rolls Royce, and Volkswagen.
Services we provide:
- Air conditioning service
- Brake system service and repair
- Oil change service
- Routine maintenance
- Tire services and much more
Our facility also holds several licenses in several categories such as:
- Private inspection facility
- Emissions repair facility
- Comprehensive pre-purchase inspection
- NASTF license
- Michelin retailer
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your European or exotic automobile in regards to service and repair work, give us a call today or follow the prompts to request a free estimate online through our convenient online form. We look forward to serving you with all your vehicle needs!
* Audi 6 Series Car image credit goes to: stonena7.